Re: NANFA-- Columbia trip gear

Sajjad Lateef (sajjadlateef_at_yahoo.com)
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 06:34:53 -0800 (PST)

Out in Kansas City, they prefer to BBQ beef. In the South
and SouthEast, it's mainly pork.

Chicken is BBQ'ed almost everywhere and I like Chicken.

True BBQ is slow cooking using mainly the smoke to transfer
heat. Direct cooking over a fire is usually considered as
grilling. That's my understanding and humble opinion.

Vinegar and hot pepper, huh? I'll give that a shot. I use
Indian Tandoori spices myself.

I plan to get a Weber Smoky Mountain Smoker this year and
try to do some real BBQ'ing - leg of lamb, beef brisket,
whole capon ... I can't wait for the summer!

Sajjad
formerly of Palatine, IL - the birthplace of the Weber kettle

=====

--
Sajjad Lateef   e-mail: sajjad_at_acm.org
Note: Any e-mail to me with my first name in Subject  or