Re: NANFA-- Columbia trip gear

Steffen Hellner (steffen_at_hellner.biz)
Sun, 04 Jan 2004 11:54:28 +0100

Moon,

in W.Va. it might have been P. ruber montanus (Blueridge Red Salamander) or
the Blackchin subspecies from your description. If it was bright red and big
it must have been the montanus which I will go for later in spring. Don4t
get too big, around 4-5". But for kids its always a dino!

Steffen

-