NANFA-- stream maps

Nick Zarlinga (njz_at_clevelandmetroparks.com)
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 09:19:28 -0400

Nothing like a little suspense! OK, here is the rest. The map is rather
nice. It shows most of the major and minor tributaries in bright blue with
other major features such as major roads, watersheds, railways, county
divisions and cities in the background. All in all I would give it a "B"
rating. Certainly not a must have, but if you have space on your wall and
you want something interesting, then it would be worth the money. For
practicality purposes, you can't beat the Delorme series maps. "Professor
Higbees" maps are not available for all states yet, I don't think. These
are the states that are on the order form; Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, New
England (MA,CT,VT,NH,RI), Michigan, Colorado, Maryland & Delaware, Northern
California, Washington, Wisconsin, Illinois, and a paddler's edition of
Pennsylvania (shows insert and pull out points, dams, etc.). Unfortunately
they don't have a website but you can order by email (vividpubl_at_csrlink.net)
or call 800-326-9694 24hrs per day. Also with the map came a stream locator
which corresponds to the designated number/letters on Delorme maps and a
little story of how Professor Higbee got started. Also, the larger states'
maps are larger than 3' x 3'. If you would like more detailed information,
feel free to ask or if you want to see it, let me know and I will try my
darndest to remember to bring it to the conference.

Nick Zarlinga

"If we ignore nature.....maybe it'll go away."