Re: NANFA-- Virus warning!

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:59:01 -0400

<x-flowed>
A lot of worms can work someone's address list and send out somewhat
personalized messages to entice you to download and open the file. This is a
major reason NOT to use some program like MS Outlook, it's perfectly
designed to enable this kinda crap (I'm beginning to think that MicroSlop
builds in these weaknesses on purpose...). So if you receive a suspicious
looking file of about 130K size, often offering immunity from Worm Klez E,
kill it immediately. The rest of us will thank you. So no, it's not greenies
doing this, we're doing other things.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "Pete Liptrot" <coelacanth_at_btinternet.com>
>To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
>Subject: Re: NANFA-- Virus warning!
>Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:41:42 +0100
>
> > I have been getting a lot of suspicious files that are specifically
>targeted
> > towards people with fish or aquarium interests lately. Has anyone else
>seen
> > this?
>
>I had one yesterday that had the subject line 'Hey, Coelacanth, how ya
>doing?', which could easily have got in if my PC-cillin hadn't picked it
>up.
>I haven't seen one before that could target individual addresses like this,
>please be alert.
>Pete.
</x-flowed>