Re: NANFA-- RE: nanfa V1 #1332

Moontanman_at_aol.com
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:46:54 EDT

In a message dated 7/19/02 12:15:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
thirdwind_at_att.net writes:

> I dunno personally. Does this mean for a $20 membership fee a person gets a
> NANFA endorsement to collect fish? NANFA's Code of Ethics is an
> organizational statement, not a requirement for membership. If there is a
> potential for problems in the field, I suggest other avenues:

I think the cards are a good idea but more important is sticking to the
letter of the law. I keep track of my states fishing laws and I buy all the
necessary licenses. In my state that means a fishing license and a special
devices permit. That way if I am stopped there is no problem. Keeping a good
attitude while talking to law enforcement is also a good thing. Respect them
they will respect you. Have a bad attitude and they are likely to have the
same. Most of the time they are just guys who have a love for nature just
like us. That is usually why they became game wardens in the first place. I'm
sure it not because the want to get rich. Last time I was interviewed by a
game warden I ended up helping him with advice about his aquarium problems.
But still a NANFA card would be cool and couldn't hurt.

Moon