RE: NANFA-- snorkle trip

Scott.L.Schlueter_at_LRB01.usace.army.mil
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:19:55 -0700

Casper,
I think this quote sums it up on both accounts....

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead,
either write things worth reading or do things worth writing."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Prizma_at_aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 9:16 PM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: NANFA-- snorkle trip

thanks for all the nice comments and motivation. i appreciate the ideas
too... i might get another bowl of bucksnort banana pudding for one of them
via
their local paper :)
it does take quite a bit of time to write these stories up and then correct
spelling and such. but i do enjoy doing it. now a days im pulled in so many
directions w/ work, family and obligations it is hard to find time to do all
the
things i want to do. i remember sitting around so many times when i was
twenty
something young and bored w/ nothing to do. wow... i wish i had that time
now! ( you young folk take note! :)
coby and i just got back from a 11 day wander through arkansas... ( now that

sounds like a lack of time contradiction! ) but i wanted to spend some
summer
time w/ him on our own and visit my dad a bit after his recovery. if i get
time i will write up a report on it... some of the highlights were meeting
up w/
bill in YELLville, exploring reelfoot lake where the backroads crawl w/
every
manner of creepers, crawlers, slitherers and hop frogs. we also got to spend
day w/ the ultra photog dr roston, snorkle the wash-it-taw mountain streams,

visit hotsprings on a hot day where the water was so hot you could NOT keep
your feet in it, and finally fought masses of mosquitos at my dad's place
and
local seining waters. a few fish and lots of mosquitoes.
thanks for all support and comments fellas... now ive got to get back on the

nanfa t-shirts and settle up the remainder and get the final sales info to
chris and his money bags wife... our treasurer. another project along w/ all
the
other messages, jobs and phone calls 11 days away generate.
i think we have about 2 dozen shirts left over. if anyone wants any of the
last few let me know. we sold a bunch of shirts and raised another good
chunk of
money for our excellent organization. if anyone missed the convention you
really got to make next years. im just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride on
that
one and watch other folks work:) well... i may pull a seine a wee bit.
casper