Re: NANFA-- encrusted glass

Jack Lehman (jklepomis_at_sbcglobal.net)
Mon, 07 Jul 2003 20:41:57 -0500

<x-flowed>
I know to remove calcium deposits on like a showerhead, you soak it in a
50% vinegar solution. Try filling it, dump in a jar of white vinegar,
and put a saran wrap cover to keep down the odor. Worth a buck to try?

Jack

Moontanman_at_aol.com wrote:

>A friend gave me an aquarium that had been sitting for several years. This
>had allowed all the water to evaporate and left the glass encrusted with what
>ever was in the water. probably mainly calcium carbonate. It would appear the
>water that evaporated was water that had been kept in the aquarium fro a long
>time with no water changes so it was pretty concentrated before it was allowed
>to evaporate. The glass has a very rough coating of something and I would like
>to remove it without ruining the glass. What would be my best bet? the coating
>is very thick and tough. Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Moon
>/ Association"
>/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
>/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org
</x-flowed>