RE: NANFA-- encrusted glass

geoff (gkimber2_at_alltel.net)
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 23:12:15 -0400

I have done well with both vinegar and lime away. Don't breathe the fumes.
I have never had either harm glass that was in good shape underneath.
however, I have had troubles with glass that had diffuse etching on the
entire surface. this appeared as a haze on the glass, which I tried
repeatedly to clean. closer examination with a magnifying glass revealed
pits all over the surface of the glass.

This happened in a tank I bought used. I thought the haze was from mineral
deposits.

geoff kimber
lexington,ky

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanfa_at_aquaria.net On Behalf
Of IndyEsox_at_aol.com
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 10:16 PM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: Re: NANFA-- encrusted glass

You might call a few local glass repair shops and see what they say.

If it was mine, I might try some plain vinegar in an unobtrusive corner and
see what happens. Might also try some de-liming bathroom cleaner.

I suspect that if there is a lot of dirt in it, it won't come clean. If you
discover a cleaner, let me know.

I wonder if some glass polisher might work after you get the top layers off?

In a message dated 7/7/03 6:35:06 PM US Central Standard Time,