Re: NANFA-- Re: [gwapa] Saturday Collecting -- DC Area.

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:35:41 -0400

<x-flowed>
Hey Bob, I don't want to do a "gotcha!" but aren't swamp darters, Etheostoma
fusiforme, native to Maryland? Inquiring minds want to know...

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "Bob Bock" <bockhouse_at_earthlink.net>
>To: <gwapa_at_yahoogroups.com>,"Native Fish COnservancy"
><nativefishconservancy_at_yahoogroups.com>
>CC: <gwapa_at_yahoogroups.com>, "NANFA List" <nanfa at aquaria.net>
>Subject: NANFA-- Re: [gwapa] Saturday Collecting -- DC Area.
>Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:40:15 -0400
>
>OK, if you're interested in smaller sunfish, the best place is the C and O
>canal, off river road north of potomac. With a size 12 hook, you can
>probably catch loads of longear sunfish (introduced).
>
>Maryland's only got three native darters--tesselated, fantail, and
>greenside. Rainbows were introduced into the Potomac drainage, and I know
>that they used to be fairly numerous in Washington county.
</x-flowed>