Re: NANFA-- Feeding live food

Moontanman_at_aol.com
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:32:15 EDT

In a message dated 7/15/03 8:25:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
chirstyn_at_cogeco.ca writes:

> I just don't know if I've got what it takes for the native thing if I can't
> come to terms with feeding live food.
>
> Chirstyn

Chirstyn, I respect your desire not to kill to live but in the wild it's
unnatural not to kill and be killed. The food chain starts with microorganisms and
winds it's way up to the top of the chain in the case of keeping fish the top
is the fish you want to keep. Not all native require live food. many will eat
frozen blood worms with relish but even commercial fish food contains ground
up shrimp, worms, and other small creatures. I know you do not eat meat but
it's natural to eat meat even for humans. I'll not debate the human issue with
you but most other animals are eaten at some point in their lives. It the way
the ecology of the planet works. Actually nature has an innate beauty in the
way nothing is wasted and everything is recycled. From my view point even plants
have lives so something has to die for everything else to live. I have no
problem cutting up live worms or feeding shrimp, crayfish, and other fish to
predators. If you really can't deal with the flesh eating flesh issue there are
vegetarian fish but even they do better if they get an occasional bug or shrimp.

Moon