NANFA-- Re: [gwapa] Old Fashioned fishing trip Sunday

Drummond Howard (drummondhoward_at_hotmail.com)
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:24:40 +0000

<x-flowed>
I would recomend meeting on the top level of the parking garage attached to
Galyns. That area can get very busy and very few people park up there.
There is also a bridge across the road that goes directly into the store by
the fishing department. It makes a nice meeting place!

Drummond Howard
Gaithersburg, Maryland

>From: "Bob Bock" <bockhouse_at_earthlink.net>
>To: <gwapa_at_yahoogroups.com>,<nanfa at aquaria.net>
>CC: "Joshua L Wiegert" <jlw_at_dune.net>,"Mike Mumma at IEI" <mike at iei.ws>
>Subject: [gwapa] Old Fashioned fishing trip Sunday
>Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:04:02 -0400
>
>Hi, all. I'm hoping to get an old fashioned hook-and-line fishing trip
>together for this Sunday, along the Potomac River, along River road.
>
>Fish photographers are more than welcome. There's a sizeable population of
>longear sunfish at Pennyfield Lock in the C&O canal. These are a beautiful
>little fish--especially spawning males.
>
>Perhaps we can also tie into a smallmouth bass or two in the Potomac River.
>
>Opportunities for traditional collecting will be fewer, however, as it's
>illegal to collect on National Park Service land without a permit (although
>you can angle there with a fishing lisence.) A couple of streams cross the
>River Road on their way to the Potomac; perhaps we can stop at one of them.
> Rainbow darters are reputed to inhabit Muddy Branch (although I didn't
>find any the last time I collected there.)
>
>If anyone doesn't have a lisence, we can arrange to meet at either Sports
>Authority, or Galyans, which are (roughly) on the way.
>
>This isn't an official NANFA sponsored trip, by the way, just an outing of
>local fish heads, as I haven't had a chance to do a mailing for members who
>are not on e-mail. Neither the club nor myself assumes any responsibility
>for lost property or personal injury.
>
>I hope to have more details later in the week, after I gauge the level of
>interest. Please respond to me off list.
>
>Also, I don't happen to have the PVAS address in my new computer. I'd
>appreciate it if someone could forward this to the PVAS list.
>
>Thanks much,
>
>Bob

</x-flowed>