Re: NANFA-- darter larvae

D. Martin Moore (archimed_at_netdoor.com)
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 17:10:58 -0500

On 5 Jun 2001, at 16:23, Dave Neely wrote:

> Potomac and Genesee rivers. So far, I'm coming up with dispersal rates on
> the order of about 25 km/yr in a downstream direction, and 15 km/yr
> upstream. Given the widespread perception that darters are relatively
> sedentary, this is pretty amazing, even if you assume that they are
> occupying an "open niche" in these darter-poor faunas.

That's pretty astounding, regardless! I never would have guessed
such rapid dispersal.

Prost,

Martin
Jackson, MS
One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was
going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead
I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said.
"Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think
that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I
started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was
getting pretty late.