Re: NANFA-- keeping paddlefish

Al G Eaton (sege7_2000_at_yahoo.com)
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:46:50 -0700 (PDT)

The fish hatchery at Mammoth Springs, Arkansas raises
Paddlefish ....If I remember right they feed them
something that looks like trout chow at a very fine
feed size. I have a jpg somewhere of paddlefish
enmasse at the springs. If you ever get the chance
to go see the springs they are absolutely huge and
well worth the trip. You might contact them also
about how they culture them.

Tony, There is a paddlefish native to the Yellow
River in China. Could the paddlefish you are seeing
in the orient be that species instead? I would think
it is more temperature tolerant.

Klaus