Re: NANFA-- The Perfect Dipnet

D. Martin Moore (archimed_at_netdoor.com)
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 23:43:23 -0500

On 9 Jun 2001, at 23:23, Mark wrote:

> At 10:13 AM -0500 6/9/01, D. Martin Moore wrote:
> >OK, you got my attention. What is the Perfect Dipnet?
>
> It has a Monorail hoop with an aluminum yoke which makes the hoop-handle
> connection stronger, and allows easy removal of the handle for
> storage/travel and to switch handles for different purposes. We will offer
> a variety of octagonal aluminum handles designed to be telescoping,
> one-piece or to break down for travel in a suitcase or backpack.

OK, that sounds almost exactly like the one I put together last
year, except I got a 6-12 foot fiberglass telescoping handle from the
Home Despot. Only problem, as I mentioned, is that after several
trips to sandy locations the handle no longer telescopes :-( You
have to be conscientious about cleaning it after trips.

The
> Monorail hoop prevents the netting from being damaged on rocks or other
> substrate and allows the net bag to be easily removed and replaced if it
> gets old and worn or torn by a monster alligator snapper.

Oh, I also dyed the bag brown. I know that in theory the bag is
replacable, but how the hell do you do it? If you figure out how to
get it out of the rail let me know.

Prost,

Martin
Jackson, MS
One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was
going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead
I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said.
"Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think
that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I
started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was
getting pretty late.