NANFA-- [Fwd: [Fwd: Reminder: VA Regional Field Trip June 15, 2002 -

Mike Thennet (thennet_michael_at_tmac.com)
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:47:15 -0400

fyi
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:25:45 -0400
From: Mike Thennet <thennet_michael_at_tmac.com>
Subject: [Fwd: Reminder: VA Regional Field Trip June 15, 2002 - Poni
River]
To: Travis Tate <emailrules_at_yahoo.com>, Lorne Williams
<lorne_williams_at_ita.doc.gov>, Bruce Turner <fishgen at vt.edu>,
Christopher Scharpf <ichthos_at_charm.net>, Tam Quach <QUACTT at ispec.com>,
Don Weatherly <weather_at_exis.net>, Bob Bock <bockr at exchange.nih.gov>,
"chris_at_yonderway.com" <chris at yonderway.com>, Jay Bradley
<gsi.aquarium_at_erols.com>, Lisa Palmer <palmer.lisa at nmnh.si.edu>, John
Bishop <jbds_at_prodigy.net>, Mert and Mark Cook <mmcook at starpower.net>,
Mike Rudy <mtrudy_at_bellatlantic.net>, Mike Brem <mbrem at usa.net>, Val
<valchito_at_aol.com>, Deb Miller <MILLERD304 at aol.com>, Barbara J
McClorey <bmcclorey_at_juno.com>, BILL HOPPE <zzzzzzbill at yahoo.com>,
Michael Brock <michael_at_fun-da-mentals.com>, Tom Laughlin
<tlaughli_at_radford.edu>, Shelly Ewald <sewald at wthf.com>, Eric Lang
<erlang2_at_vt.edu>, Cliff Fairweather <cliff at audubonnaturalist.org>,
Dave Snell <dsnell_at_erols.com>, Michael Heinich <mheinich at yahoo.com>,
Steve Raggo <raggo_at_erols.com>, Bruce Hahn <BHahn at Verizon.net>, Thomas
Montero <Montero_Thomas_at_tmac.com>, Drummond Howard
<drummondhoward_at_hotmail.com>, Terri Vance <kterriv at msn.com>

Native fish enthusiasts,

This field trip will be postponed until further notice due to local
thunderstorms yesyterday and today which make for poor field
conditions. The trip will most likely be rescheduled in mid to late
July. Pease forward this announcement to the PVAS list and any other I
am unaware of. Thank you.

Mike Thennet
<Stephen_Carruth_at_urscorp.com>, Lorne Williams
[...]
<drummondhoward_at_hotmail.com>, Charles Nunziata
<epiplaty_at_tampabay.rr.com>, Terri Vance <kterriv at msn.com>

Please RSVP, Thank you...

Hello Native Fish Enthusiasts,

For the next Virginia field trip we will be sampling at the confluence
of the Po and Ni Rivers in Caroline County, VA: From D.C. take I395S to
I95S to Rt. 606
by Thornburg, VA. Head East on 606 (away from Thornburg) until you come
to the Poni River. Here you will have more than adequate parking on the
right. From that location follow the road east on foot a little further
where you will reach a small swamp.

Species present: chain and redfin pickerel, bluespot sunfish, eastern
mudminnow, swamp darter, ghost shrimp, and possibly tadpole and
marginated madtoms.

For those of you who would like to meet at my house and carpool, be
there at 0830. We will leave at 0900. Leaving at 0900 we should arrive
at the subject site between 1015-1030.

Directions to my house are as follows:

COMING OFF I-395:
TAKE THE KING STREET WEST EXIT.. HEAD UP ROUTE 7 TOWARDS SEVEN CORNERS.
PASS BAILEY’S CROSSROADS/COLUMBIA PIKE GO TO/THROUGH YOUR SECOND LIGHT
AND WHEN YOU COME UP AROUND THE BEND BY MUNSON HILL TOWERS ON LEFT (BIG
FOUNTAIN) LOOK FOR THE MISPLACED STREET LIGHT AND MAKE A RIGHT ONTO ROW
STREET. GO TO THE STOP SIGN AND MAKE A LEFT ONTO MUNSIN HILL ROAD. THE
ROAD WILL MAKE A 90 DEGREE RIGHT TURN AND WILL TURN INTO OLIN DRIVE.
CROSS THE SMALL BRIDGE AND GO TO THE STOP SIGN AND MAKE A RIGHT ONTO
BROOK ST. GO DOWN BROOK AND MAKE YOUR SECOND LEFT ONTO COLLIE LANE. IT
IS A WIDE LEFT TURN. WE ARE THE FIRST HOUSE ON THE LEFT. 3120.

COMING FROM RTE 50 HEADING WEST (FROM ARLINGTON):
MAKE A LEFT FROM 50 ONTO THE FEEDER ROAD JUST PRIOR TO PATRICK HENRY DR.

AND MAKE A RIGHT ON THE FEEDER ROAD. GO AS FAR AS YOU CAN AND MAKE A
LEFT ONTO OLIN DRIVE. MAKE YOUR FIRST LEFT ONTO WOOTEN AND VEER TO THE
LEFT AT THE FORK STAYING ON WOOTEN. THEN MAKE YOUR FIRST RIGHT ONTO
COLLIE LANE. WE ARE THE LAST HOUSE ON THE RIGHT BEFORE THE STOP SIGN.
THE HOUSE THAT IS FACING COLLIE LANE. NOT THE CORNER HOUSE THAT FACES
THE OTHER STREET. 3120 COLLIE LANE

COMING FROM RTE 50 HEADING EAST (FROM FAIRFAX):
COME UP THROUGH SEVEN CORNERS AND PASS OVER PATRICK HENRY DRIVE. AT
MCDONALD’S VEER ONTO THE FEEDER ROAD AND FOLLOW IT DOWN UNTIL IT TURNS
INTO 2 LANES. AT THIS POINT MAKE A RIGHT ONTO OLIN DRIVE. MAKE YOUR
FIRST LEFT ONTO WOOTEN AND VEER TO THE LEFT AT THE FORK STAYING ON
WOOTEN. THEN MAKE YOUR FIRST RIGHT ONTO COLLIE LANE. WE ARE THE LAST
HOUSE ON THE RIGHT BEFORE THE STOP SIGN. THE HOUSE THAT IS FACING
COLLIE LANE. NOT THE CORNER HOUSE THAT FACES THE OTHER STREET. 3120
COLLIE LANE

For Virginia trips a Virginia fishing license is required. A convenient
place to purchase one is at the Sports Authority

Point of Contact: Mike Thennet [H: 703 536-7056; W: 703 406-1526;
thennet_michael_at_tmac.com]. Please be prepared with a license prior to
the trip. Waders may be needed as well. A plastic bag for refuse will
also help. McDonald's and Burger King are just down the road.

Hope to see you there,

Mike

Disclaimer:
As much as we hate to do it, we need to post a disclaimer here. Please
understand that on all trips with the North American Native Fishes
Association (NANFA), you are responsible for your own safety. NANFA
assumes no responsibility or liability for injuries incurred, for
accidental deaths, or for lost property during a collecting trip.

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of thennet_michael.vcf; charset=us-ascii]