RE: NANFA-- Re:pulling our heads out of the sand & miniature

Crail, Todd (tcrail_at_northshores.com)
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 00:58:22 -0400

Okay. So I spend an hour typing up a bunch of pertinent information
with case by case arguments and it'll get ignored because you've been
around....

Answer this then.... If you're aware of such attrocities, then how is
the Marine Ornamentals Industry saving the reefs by moving it 2000 miles
away? Wouldn't the pristine areas in peril benefit more by leaving it
alone and not subjecting it to further degredation by removal ?(I think
I've proven that there isn't much thought given to sustainable harvest)
Or will more economic value save it since a collector makes about 15
cents per itemized collection compared to the developer who gets his
carbonate at $20.00 per ton for less desireable brown Acropora, Porites,
Hydnophora, Heliopora... Whatever is the dominate hermatype in the
area...? Yeah... That's something to get the guns out over while it's
still all there.....

As far as I'm concerned, as soon as an animal is removed from the
reef... It's as good as dead. Pick your delivery method and then call it
just.

Todd