Re: RE: NANFA-- Texas Native Fish Weekend Report - really long

John Bongiovanni (bongi_at_cox-internet.com)
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:05:12 -0500

Noone got a picture of Rob doing his Dorothy imitation but as one who shared the next tent over, those winds were pretty severe. I lay there with the keys to my car in hand till the winds subsided; planning my escape should things get worse. We are in the middle of tornado alley, don't you know!

This was my first NANFA/NFC weekend and had a great time. It was great sharing ideas and experiences with others of the same interests.

We did discuss in length having a NANFA weekend in E. Texas possibly coordinating a visit to the http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/infish/hatchery/tffc/index.htm

Indeed, I was the first to experience chin water but then again I believe I'm always the first to achieve total immersion. Other than the storm the weather was perfect and the fish were very cooperative.

Thanks Rob for all your hard work.

John