Re: NANFA-- The Future of Life?

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:39:29 -0400

<x-flowed>
This thread is going in the direction of a bumper sticker:

Earth First,
then we use up other planets.

But the point is well taken about asteroids as random shufflers of the
ecosystems deck. The dinosaurs were a very well-adapted group until just
about 64.7 million years ago.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>In a message dated 6/21/02 12:03:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>ROBERHARDT_at_aol.com writes:
>
><< I believe there is a MUCH BIGGER consideration here.
> Nature, not man, controls life on earth.
> >>
>One real good argument to colonize space and get all our eggs out of one
>basket. Kinda spread the ecosystem around. Doing that one thing could make
>up
>for all the destruction we have caused. Complex space habitats are well
>with
>in the realms of current technology and do not require the repeal of any
>laws
>of nature.
>
>Moon
</x-flowed>