Re: NANFA-- South Carolina fish books

Dustin Smith (dsmith73_at_hotmail.com)
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:08:12 -0400

<x-flowed>
There is also a Fishes of NC book by Menhinick that covers a lot of the same
fishes found in SC. It may be a bit more difficult to find, though, since I
believe that it is out of print. It is an excellent book if you can get
ahold of one though.

----Original Message Follows----
From: nanfa_at_jonahsaquarium.com
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: Re: NANFA-- South Carolina fish books
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 22:15:14 -0400

At 1:37 PM -0400 6/11/03, Dustin Smith wrote:
>David, there is a book in the works for the fishes of SC but no firm date
>for it's release yet. Will likely be a little while. In the meantime,
>there is a great book that covers the fishes of SC as part of a region
>called Freshwater Fishes of the Carolinas, Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware
>by Rohde, et al. I covers most all of the fishes of SC with good pictures,
>life histories, etc. I believe Jonah's Aquarium carries it. If not, it's
>available through the other on-line book carriers. If the bug reall has
>you, you're welcome to come over and take a sneak peak at SC any time you
>like.

Yes, we have it. It's just not on the web site yet:

Freshwater Fishes of the Carolinas, Virginia, Maryland and Delaware by Fred
C. Rhode, Rudolf G. Arndt, David G. Lindquist and James F. Parnell, 1994.
This book contains information on how to identify some 260 species of
freshwater fish, from the largemouth bass to the rosyside dace. Over 200
color photographs, range maps, and detailed description of each species. 222
pp. Paperback. Dimensions (in inches): 0.80 x 9.17 x 6.10. ISBN:
0-8078-4579-5 $22.50

--
Mark
Jonah's Aquarium

<))>< /"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes / Association" / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association / nanfa_at_aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to / nanfa-request_at_aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to / nanfa-digest-request_at_aquaria.net instead. / For more information about NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org /----------------------------------------------------------------------------- /"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes / Association" / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association / nanfa_at_aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to / nanfa-request_at_aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to / nanfa-digest-request_at_aquaria.net instead. / For more information about NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org </x-flowed>