RE: NANFA-- Notropis welaka

Chip Rinehart (crin_at_glassmaster.com)
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:07:06 -0400

The latin name for Sailfin Shiners is Pteronotropis hypselopterus. No
special name for the ones with red fins. It may just be the color those
particular ones turn when breeding. Try contacting Doug Dame when you're
down there. He lives fairly close to Gainesville and might be able to
provided some collection assistance. If you fail to find L.goodei, let me
know and I'll take you to a spot in SC.

Chip