NANFA-- Harvesting Mosquito Larvae Question

BR0630_at_aol.com
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:23:50 EDT

In a message dated 6/18/2003 8:52:41 AM Pacific Standard Time,
djramsey_at_earthlink.net writes:

> Most of my fish won't touch the hardshell guys. I
> just eyedropper them out and squirt into the yard to die

David & the rest of the list:
I had a nice big bucket of mosquito larvae I'd collected in a mountain pool
on my way home from getting a load of firewood a few years ago and after I'd
unloaded the firewood, I threw the bucket with the 'skeeter' larvae into the
back of the pickup for the short jaunt to my house. Well, when I arrived home,
about half of the larvae had sloshed out of the bucket onto the bed of my
truck, where the 90 degree temps dried out any remnants of water & were fast
killing them, right? Wrong, the son-of-a-guns were hatching out like crazy and I
even saw some hatch off of that pickup bed [with no water] the following
morning! I think once they reach the hard shell stage, they're gonna hatch short of
getting nuked!

Bruce Scott