Re: NANFA-- TFH photos and soapbox

Kevin (kevino_at_beaverstatedental.com)
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:06:21 -0700

No offence intended on my part, I was not trying to suggest that you are or
would be guilty of that. I just put that out for any other possible newbies
that might be out there as well as me. Coming from a background of African
Cichlids, Lake Victoria is an excellent (or Horrible) example of what can
happen when non native fish are introduced into other waters. Honestly, I
was not accusing you or any others.

Since we are on the subject of non-native fish, I have a question. Is the
Peacock Bass (Cichla ocellaris) native to Florida and Texas? I know that you
can catch them in both places, but I believe they are indigenous to South
America Aren't they?