Re: NANFA-- SC Convention & Collecting on Father's Day

Todd Crail (farmertodd-in-buckeye-express.com)
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:33:06 -0400

From: "Michael Wolfe" <mwolfe-in-mindspring.com>
> Yes, I too thought that the convention was great, but what I really want
> do is thank everyone for being so nice to my Dad while we were there... as
> anyone who talked to him knows, he is not really into this kind of
thing...
> more of a sport fisherman than anything else (or a boat captain for Steven
> Ellis). But once again, NANFA showed some class and made someone from the
> outside feel welcome.
>
> As a perfect ending to the convention Dad and I went to a spot that Fritz
> told us about and did a little more seining on Sunday (Father's Day in the
> stream with my dad... not a bad deal-in-all).

I've been meaning to circle back to this for a week now. Not a bad deal at
all :) I thought it was pretty darn neat that you guys were doing this as
an adult father-n-son combo (the Sinclairs too). Of course, it's always
great to see Dads out with their younger kids. But I think it's something
extraordinary when grown men of like lineage can still both act like kids in
a candy shop together :)

I did harbor a sort of secret jealousy... ;) Then just last Friday my Dad
says he's selling off his reef animals, which will vacate a 20 long and
wants to "learn this native stuff" and "go fishing the way you fish". I
about fell off my chair. He's not much for the biting, stinging, itching,
burning part of nature... But you can be sure I'll be making every bit of
effort to keep that end of the "business" out of the plan.

Maybe we need to start a new program to augment most DNR programs....

Take your Dad fishin'

It was a true pleasure to finally get to meet you and your Dad in person,
Michael.

Todd
/ nanfa-in-aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ nanfa-request-in-aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to
/ nanfa-digest-request-in-aquaria.net instead.