Re: NANFA-- Fishy observations

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 15:53:25 -0500

<x-flowed>
What you get for $50 is a complete testing unit, about the size of a large
magic marker. It has the probe at one end, a digital display, and an on-off
button at the tip away from the probe. This model is displayed on page B 10
of the current Hanna Instruments catalog, and is their catalog number HI
98152. One of their regional offices is in Woonsocket, RI, with their toll
free number being 800-426-6287. They have a web site at www.hannainst.com.

They also sell a wide range of other aquatic testing instruments. A more
expensive one I'd like to have at some point is an ORP meter,
Oxidation-Reduction Potential. ORP is a measure that can tell you a lot
about water quality that few aquarists use; Hanna's low end ORP meters start
at about $370...

--Bruce Stallsmith