Re: NANFA-- "river rabbits"

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Wed, 07 Mar 2001 23:49:08 -0500

<x-flowed>
The short answer as to why introduced predators are bad: Nile Perch (Lake
Victoria, Africa). For that matter, the effects of various _Micropterus_
bass species spread all over North America are still poorly understood.
There shouldn't be _any_ bass east of the Hudson River, and probably not
west of the 100th parallel. That genie is long since out of the bottle, of
course; just because _I_ think that bass fishing is mind-bendingly boring
don't mean squat.

--Bruce "Extreme Fishing" Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A
(yeah, largemouth bass is the state fish of Alabama!)