Re: NANFA-- Common Names

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 12:58:35 -0500

<x-flowed>
>From: "Bob Bock" <bockhouse_at_earthlink.net>
>To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
>Subject: Re: NANFA-- Common Names
>Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 10:04:31 -0500
>
>I have some three sheepsheads now. I'd recommend against switching them.
>don't think they'll survive as long. If you do switch them, do it
>gradually. And, I think, their chances for success would be greatest if
>you
>kept them in hard water, with a lot of sunlight to encourage algae growth.
They'll live AOK in fresh water, they just won't spawn nearly as readily.
And definitely keep them in hard freshwater if you switch them. I've caught
variegatus way up the Westport River on the MA/RI border in the town of
Westport, where the river was fresh but still tidally influenced.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL (still no real tides...)