Re: NANFA-- cutting up worms

Christopher Scharpf (ichthos_at_charm.net)
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:49:09 -0400

I don't feed my darters or scupins chopped-up earthworms, but if I did I would
first squeeze the dirt out of the worm's body. It's a messy job, but I found it
makes the worms easier to slice, and keeps excess terrestrial soil out of the
aquarium.

In the few occasions I've sliced up worms, I've used straight-edge razor blades
and X-acto knives. As for a cutting surface, I've used whatever's available
(plastic tray, old kitchen cutting board, bottom of sanitary tub, bottom of
collecting bucket turned upside down).

Chris