Re: NANFA-- conversion factors

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 09:53:24 -0500

<x-flowed>
Different people will tell you different things, but for most freshwaters
multiply the mS by 0.6 and you will have a reasonably accurate TDS in ppm.
Some others will tell you to use 0.5.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "Nicholas J. Zarlinga" <njz_at_clevelandmetroparks.com>
>To: "'nanfa_at_aquaria.net'" <nanfa at aquaria.net>
>Subject: NANFA-- conversion factors
>Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 07:54:20 -0500
>
>Can anyone tell me how to convert milliSiemens (mS) to parts per thousand
>(ppt)?
>

>Nick Zarlinga
>Aquarium Biologist
>Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
>216-661-6500 ex 4485
>
>"Fish worship... is it wrong??" (Ray Troll)
>/ Association"
>Association
>http://www.nanfa.org

--Bruce Stallsmith