NANFA-- FW: NPR's invasive plants web site

Jay DeLong (thirdwind_at_att.net)
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:50:48 -0800

It's kinda weird that just as Michael and I and others were talking about
invasive exotics, I got a few informative emails on that topic. The first
was the one I posted earlier about Congressional legislation. Now here's
one that deals with invasive garden and ornamental plants. It has a
5-minute movie plus links to informational websites and reading materials.
Sorry it isn't about fish, but I hope you think the theme is relevant.

The "network" mentioned next isn't NANFA :-)

------------------------

fyi - please share with your network

Ann M. Bartuska
Executive Director, Invasive Species Initiative
The Nature Conservancy
4245 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 100
Arlington, VA 22203

-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas Meyer
Sent: March 21, 2002 11:04 AM
Subject: NPR's invasive plants web site

Everyone,

In addition to the excellent story Ketzel Levine did today about invasive
plants on NPR's Morning Edition, she compiled an informative web site,
citing the Conservancy both in the text of the site and in an accompanying
slide show.

Thanks again to Christina Campbell of the WO Library and John Randall,
invasive plant guru and for all of their work helping to
compile said background information on these plants gone bad.

If you have a minute, you may wish to check out Ketzel's web site, and/or
point others to it.

http://www.npr.org/programs/talkingplants/features/2002/020320.invasive.html

Cheers,

Douglas

Douglas Meyer
The Nature Conservancy
4245 N. Fairfax Dr., Arlington, VA, USA 22203
(T) 703 841 8743 (F) 703 841 9692
dmeyer_at_tnc.org
nature.org

--