Re: NANFA-- Mexican Yard Fish

Al G Eaton (sege7_2000_at_yahoo.com)
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:51:34 -0800 (PST)

Dave Koran is in your area...he probably has several
of the Cyprinodons native to mexico. Cyprinodon
alvarezi for example is a wonderful fish and easily
bred, and is reported as being extinct in the wild.
Last I heard Dave had a lot of these fish.

You could also try any of the Goodeids. Ameca
splendens for example has nice yellow edges to the
caudal fin. In the wild those yellow fins are red or
orange....would be a fun experiment to see if outdoor
culture brought the wild color back.

klaus