Re: NANFA-- Portage River NW Ohio, Fish Meeting Columbus

Rich Butts (richbutts44_at_yahoo.com)
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 06:51:58 -0800 (PST)

Mark <markb_at_columbus.rr.com> wrote: At 2:44 PM -0500 3/19/02, Crail, Todd wrote:
>The stream I'd like to hit is the Portage River. Has anyone ever
>sampled it south of Elmore? I think that will need to happen this
>summer regardless...

I have collected greensides in the Portage (back in the 80's). They were
kind of unusual. In fact, I think I remember Ted Cavender mentioning that
there is a unique, undescribed subspecies/species there. As I recall, that
seems likely, since the ones I found were odd looking. Let me know when
you head out!

By the way, Dr Cavender will be presenting the results of a fish survey of
the lower Olentangy River on April 2nd at 7:30, Northwood and High Bldg,
Columbus Ohio (north of OSU), at the FLOW meeting. That's Friends of the
Lower Olentangy Watershed. I plan to go.

Mark
Columbus Ohio USA