Re: NANFA-- Louisiana sinking and other thoughts

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 08:42:38 -0500

<x-flowed>
There may have been some dinosaurs that survived in Australia (when it was
much further south) and Antarctica for a short period of time after the K/T
boundary, the end of the Cretaceous. These areas would have been at the
exact opposite side of the planet from the impact site. If dinosaurs were
not severely affected by the events associated with an impact (extensive
soot, granitic ejecta, elevated heavy metals), why do the fossil beds of the
Hell Creek formation in central North America contain absolutely NO dinosaur
fossils above the K/T boundary?

Not _all_ mammals survived this event. The ones who did tended to be
relatively small, which may be a factor.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "Michael Canady" <canady1538_at_msn.com>
>To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
>Subject: Re: NANFA-- Louisiana sinking and other thoughts
>Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 18:43:47 -0800
>
>Just to let everyone know out there
>-the astroid theory is obsolete now according to my biology profesor at
>washington state university. Fossil evidence shows that the dinosaurs took
>around a million years to die out, not days, or weeks, but lots of time,
>and
>why did the astroid kill the dinosaurs, but not the early mammals of the
>time?
>-luke
</x-flowed>