RE: NANFA-- collecting bug and Lab

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:16:34 -0500

<x-flowed>
There are research groups around that work with nongame fishes, such as
Conservation Fisheries Inc. in Knoxville, TN, and the Twilight Conservancy
in Florida trying to work with Pteronotropis species. But it's tough to
finance a stand-alone natives research organization. I suppose you could
also consider various federal activities of the Fish and Wildlife Service,
such as their attempt to "ark" Devil's Hole Pupfish populations in locations
away from Devil's Hole, NV.

It all depends on what somebody somewhere is willing to pay, for better or
worse.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: broosa <broosa_at_brockport.edu>
>To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
>Subject: RE: NANFA-- collecting bug and Lab
>Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:11:00 -0500
>
>Thanks Toss
>
>Several people responded with names and projects. No labs specializing but
>many dedicated individuals. I wonder if exploring the set up of a lab
>dedicated to our nongame fauna is worth considering? Any ideas out there?
</x-flowed>