Re: NANFA-- Ohio collecting laws - need help

Ty Hall (tyhall_at_mia.net)
Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:31:48 -0600

Instead of asking the DNR, ask a local Warden. They are the ones that decide
whether or not to act upon the laws. For example, I asked WI DNR for a ruling on
taking Pickerel. They said that because there is no open season specified in the
rule book that it was illegal to take Pickerel. The Warden, disagreed and said
that if there is no specified closed period then it is open year round. I will
always take the side of the person that can actually issue me a ticket, over a
bureaucrat any day. Also be sure and write down the dates and names of any
officials you get info from. In the event of a disparity, having that info might
save you from a fine or worse.

Ty