Re: NANFA-- shooting turtles

Ty Hall (tyhall_at_mia.net)
Wed, 03 Mar 2004 18:41:04 -0600

Personally, I am against killing anything for no reason. There is no such thing as a
"varmint". These animals were here long before we were and we should not feel free
to kill them simply because their presence is contradictory to ours. That said I do
not have a problem with responsible hunting. We have to accept the fact that we have
had a negative impact on habitat and that the shrinking supply is not enough to
sustain all of the wildlife. In addition, money from sportsman has done wonders to
improve the habitat and quality of life for many different species. At least when
compared to a few years ago.

Killing for the sake of killing is wrong. True sportsman understand the difference
between killing and hunting. Whether it is the fisherman that does not feel the need
to "limit out" or the Hunter that uses his buck to feed his family or donates it to
a food pantry. It is the uneducated random A-Hole that gives hunters and all
outdoorsmen a bad name.

I don't know if that answers your question, but it's my take on this.

Ty