Re: NANFA-- Tank price

Ty Hall (tyhall_at_mia.net)
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:18:59 -0600

I understand what you meant, but your local dealer is not making any money on
those old tanks. In fact he is probably selling them well below his cost, just to
get rid of them (which means he is losing money on them).

Aquariums are a very low margin item. In order to be competitive you are really
selling them for little over cost to start with. Businesses don't last if they
don't make a profit, which was my point.

If you are looking for a bunch of tanks this is a great way to get them cheap plus
it does help your local guy at least recoup some of his initial cost. But, if you
only need a single tank, instead of looking to save a couple of bucks, step up to
the plate and buy retail from a good local pet store or fish shop. The extra money
you spend will come back to you in service and convenience many times over.

Ty