Re: NANFA-- duckweed removal and headlamp questions

Moontanman_at_aol.com
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:42:44 EST

In a message dated 3/16/04 12:19:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, BR0630_at_aol.com
writes:

> First, is there some product out there to kill dried duckweed and/or
duckweed

> seed that remains in the hair algae that's stuck to the sides of my
outdoor
> tubs and driftwood? The tubs & driftwood have been outside, but empty
over
> the
> winter, but I know just as soon as I fill it with water.

the only way I've been able to control duck weed in ponds is to put fish in
the pond that will eat the dick weed. many natives will eat it, strangely
enough iridescent sharks will eat if your pond is warm (summer) and they don't eat
other fish. And you can eat them at the end of the summer! All iridescent
sharks in the trade are from fish farms much like channel cats are from fish farms
here.

moon