Re: NANFA-- happy birthday BG

BG Granier (shinerscoop_at_bellsouth.net)
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:01:26 -0600

Thanks Klaus for the Happy Birthday greeting! I was surprised to see that!
29 and holding, lol!

As a matter of fact, I've been busy working on using a new green net-dip in
addition to my standard net dye for the shiner scoops. The net-dye is a
softer, flexible green color that I first started with. The net-dip is a
slightly stiffer, more abrasion resistant coating that is used in
shrimp-trawls. I began experimenting with using the softer net-dye on the
body of the net, then coating the "mouth" of the net that is suspended from
the galvanized steel "hoop" with the tougher net-dip solution to make for a
longer lasting gravel and snag resistant leading edge (the business end) of
the shiner scoop. ( I have 5 of these new models ready to go.)

I have just assembled my Darter-Gator version 3, which is an improovement
over the first two models. The prototype is still here, I sent version 2 to
Leo Long for testing and evaluation and I might have a taker for the version
3. This is the PVC pipe frame covered with the polypropolene black 1/8th"
netting cage and two wing nets.

Also in the works is a collapsible model of the Darter-Gator that will
feature greater portability than the previous versions and will feature the
soft nylon green-dyed netting (1/8" Ace) that would be great as a carry-on
aboard airliners. There will be no metal all-thread rods on this one,
instead I will try to find a source of fiberglass or dense plastic rods for
anchoring the net into a substrate. It will form a 36" long package about 6"
in diameter with a 36" w. x 25" depth x 18" height net enclosed in a
carry-on bag.

Next is the Craw_Getter! It consists of a PVC pipe with a smaller diameter
PVC pipe to act as a suction ram. It may work great for pulling crawfish out
of their mud chimney burrows, but I'll have to test it out first before
Moon-Pie-Momma gives it her seal of approval!

Thanks for all the orders and support guys! I'll have a birthday beer for
ya'll!

Cheers!

BG