Re: NANFA-- Above ground pond

BG Granier (shinerscoop_at_bellsouth.net)
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:24:44 -0600

Yes,

In Louisiana we have the so-called Super-fund clean-up sites that have been
pressure treating facilities that are being monitored and are on the list
for remediation. All, of course, are closed to public access.

BG
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack Lehman" <jklepomis_at_sbcglobal.net>
To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: NANFA-- Above ground pond

> The threat from Pressure Treated wood is more in a class with things like
asbestos. The threat isn't to the occasional user with brief contact, its
for the manufacturer and the installers who use it day in day out. There
are "Brown Fields" throughout or nation which can never be used again for
any purpose because of their past exposure to these chemicals. But I
wouldn't worry about incidental contact.