RE: NANFA-- First Native Tank - Need some advice

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Fri, 16 May 2003 17:34:37 -0400

<x-flowed>
I would suggest going with a smaller pumpkinseed. They're not a school fish
unlike the bluegills, so they're a lot more aggressive inch for inch. Or,
get several more small bluegills and go with a species tank. They're not
demanding fish, and if you feed them steadily (if you're lucky they'll like
cichlid pellets, too) they can grow fast.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "Thomas Vetre" <axess68_at_earthlink.net>
>To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
>Subject: RE: NANFA-- First Native Tank - Need some advice
>Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 16:45:29 -0400
>
>Oh. Forgot to mention that! I am in New Hampshire, right on the western
>border and a 5 minute drive to the Connecticut River! That's where I got
>the
>stuff for my Native Tank. I went there this morning and returned the
>Pumpkinseed because he was gobbling up all the food before the small
>Bluegill could get to it and was nipping at the bluegill something fierce!
>Now the Bluegill has the tank all to himself. I wonder what I could put in
>there that wouldn't attack or be attacked by the bluegill and wouldn't
>outgrow the tank. It's a 29 gallon.
>
>Tom
</x-flowed>