Re: NANFA--bantam sunfish spawn

Jeffrey Fullerton (tcmajorr_at_westol.com)
Wed, 21 May 2003 13:51:42 -0400

> Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:53:37 EDT
> From: BR0630_at_aol.com
> Subject: Re: NANFA-- bantam sunfish spawn
>
> I've been thinking about moving my bantams either to an outside tub or into a
> 55 gallon inside our old house, but I think the temps might be a bit too
> cold. I'm guessing the outside tubs are fluctuating between low 60's to
> maybe low 70s if it heats up to the 80s as predicted for this week. The tank
> in the old house probably stays in the mid 60s to possibly a high of 70.
> Would that preclude spawning for the time being? I'd feed them a bunch of
> daphnia & worms although my super daphnia source in the drainage swales along
> the road in front of the Nat. Guard has become off limits to me. I stopped
> there Sunday to get permission like I always do and the sentinal said that
> because of the terrorist risks, they will no longer allow me to dipnet there
> anymore. Sign of the times, I guess.

Guess that means I had better forget about my site for Blackbandeds at
Fort Dix NJ!

The other option might be buckets of rain water to raise mosquito
larvae. I used to have several tubs and buckets for that but stopped
doing it a couple seasons ago for the sake of my Grandma and the local
bird population- you know the Nile Virus threat.

Jeff

Jeff

Jeff

Jeff