Re: NANFA-- Tippecanoe trip

Todd Crail (farmertodd-in-buckeye-express.com)
Wed, 5 May 2004 17:14:22 -0400

Bill,

I had a 33 long in the back of my van for such an opportunity. I usually
bring it along when we go collecting, so if we have a good place to set up,
we can. Ohio NANFA has done this in the past and it works out really well.
If we have people with the correct permits (who are in our ranks, just not
there this weekend) we would probably have the ability to showcase even more
species to the public. I think we have a great opportunity to work along
with the State agency for public education, and that door has already been
opened by a couple NANFA members with influence.

These are things to think of in the future. If you happen to run across
people who would have an interest in coming to something like that (schools,
civic groups, watershed groups), by all means, let me or Ryan know. We can
see what we can get organized. :) The canoe accesses are perfect for doing
something like this. I can build a stand for the tank so we'd have more
flexibility than needing a picnic table or something.

It wouldn't be out of the question to work with the Nature Center-in-the
State Park too. I had wanted to get ahold of someone this weekend, but I'll
have to do it other ways. But if you feel led to scout 'em out, please do
so. This is more in your backyard than mine! :)

Todd