Re: NANFA-- Membership and paypal

Todd Crail (farmertodd-in-buckeye-express.com)
Thu, 13 May 2004 00:46:44 -0400

First of all, I want to thank and say I do sincerely appreciate the
constructive, factual arguments and frank, yet courteous discussion about
the Paypal option for NANFA. I think this is a good option for NANFA, as
the investigation has rolled out. And fwiw, Peter has passed along to the
BOD list that-in-the new site, we won't have the restriction that we
experienced-in-ASU. We'll see if we can't get this addressed in the very
near future, as we will be launching a whole new "brand" of the website in
the next couple weeks. The servers are getting moved around this weekend,
I'll be in the Keys next week, but once back and then once things settle in
a bit... We'll QA it and then roll it out to the world.

However...

Talk about sniper shots, Martin and Sorin... I'm sure you caught, but just
mentally misplaced when Chris said earlier...

"The NANFA site is hosted on a university server, and the university has a
rule against selling stuff via their server. Our server situation is
changing, though, and we're slowly but surely working out the kinks."

...was the reason we didn't go with Paypal, instead of what feels like
claims of incompetence and worthlessness?

Martin, you probably also remember (but again, temporarilly mentally
misplaced) that this was the start of the requests on the BOD list to move
to a paid hosting service that wouldn't cause throttling on features and
would facilitate a development environment where the two folks who were
willing to volunteer to do online applications programing, were
comfortable???

Or... are we just trying to make up for a lousy day, and get your digs in
someone else, and make a new distraction while we're honestly INVESTIGATING
solving this problem for you all? This curmudgeondry and selfishness knows
no bounds!

"Kick the cat" someplace else please, if the latter is the case.

Thanks
Todd