Re: NANFA-- Black Hets./Black Mollies

Bill Flowers (bloomin-in-indy.net)
Sat, 15 May 2004 06:31:49 -0500

Something i noticed the other day with my H. Formosa. I was feeding them
some live daphnia and mosquito larvae from a barrel out back and noticed
that the fish totally ignored the daphnia and went after the mosquito
larvae only. Even the fry would go after the larvae first. It wasn't
until they had all the mosquito larvae eaten before they would even look
at the daphnia.

Bill F.

Joey S wrote:

> Funny thing is I was talking with another aquarist about developing
> new strains of hets.
>
> Among the imagined strains I listed H. formosa'Black'
>
> It would be really cool to get fish with 50/50 black and brown stripes
> or brown blotches.

> word
> / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an
> email to
> / nanfa-request-in-aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to
> / nanfa-digest-request-in-aquaria.net instead.
> http://www.nanfa.org
/ nanfa-in-aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word