Re: NANFA-- paint rock

Roselawn Museum (roselawn_at_mindspring.com)
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:25:06 -0500

Hi Cameron

You can bring as much or as little as you like. There's always enough
equipment, and nobody minds sharing. I'll have a seine and a dipnet. Bruce
usually has a great push net. There are several other "maybes" from folks
around the region, so the size of the crowd is yet to be determined. How
long you stay is up to you. I'm usually around as long as the daylight
holds out. If you want to keep fish, a minnow bucket works just fine. Since
Paint Rock is relatively close to where you live, aeration shouldn't be a
big problem as long as you don't collect a whole bucket full of fish.
Otherwise, the little battery operated aerators work just fine. I'll defer
to Bruce on the license question. I get by with my non-resident fishing
permit. I would definitely recommend waders unless you're into pain (-:
Also, this place is out in the boonies (no nearby Wendy's), so you'll want
to bring your food & drinks. See you there!

Steven A. Ellis
Kennesaw, GA