Re: NANFA-- American Aquarium Fishes

Mark (mbinkley_at_columbus.rr.com)
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:25:37 -0500

At 9:22 AM -0500 11/29/01, james graham wrote:
>Us non-professional ichthyologists, guys who just like fish, don't let
>taxonomic errors and mistakes put us off.I still like it better than any of
>the other native books I have.Heck I've got half a dozen unidentified
>shiners in my tanks and I haven't lost any sleep over them yet.
>Jim Graham
>Hastings, MI

I suppose the really appealing thing about American Aquarium Fishes is it's
shear breadth of range. It's hard to find a book that covers all the
species with more than minimal content on each. Peterson's Field Guides
would be the next best thing, if not the best, since they are probably more
complete than American Aquarium Fishes in terms of species covered.

Mark
Columbus Ohio USA <))><
mbinkley_at_columbus.rr.com