Re: NANFA-- heads up - irradiated mail

Roselawn Museum (roselawn_at_mindspring.com)
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:13:24 -0500

Thanks, Chuck

Y'know, this could be the answer for those folks who want glow-in-the-dark
fish. (-:

Steven A. Ellis
Kennesaw, GA

At 03:49 PM 11/29/01 EST, you wrote:
>This may effect mailed fish related items.
>
>Chuck Church
>Indianapolis, Indiana USA
>

><<Hi,
>
>This came from the entomology list; I edited it down. It is a memo from
>the Smithsonian Museum, to people who are shipping things to them and to
Washington DC.

>In a nutshell:
>The USPS irradiated a lot of mail to/from DC because of anthrax. It's
possible the post office might eventually do this to other mail in other
>places. The irradiation destroys all kinds of materials (listed below).
This may be important to know in future if you ship them. Read on only if
you want details.