Re: NANFA-- Anyone with experiences keeping Central Mudminnows

Ty Hall (tyhall_at_mia.net)
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:11:48 -0600

I would not recommend keeping them with the Bullheads. I have a few and have them
in with various Dace and Darters. They eat most anything I put in the tank, but
prefer Brine Shrimp and Blood Worms. To start I would keep them in a tank by
themselves and then introduce other fish after they start feeding. Start with
slower fish like Darters or at least fish that feed on a different level, Madtoms
are a good choice. They are stalkers and can lose in the competition for food to
faster Dace or other Minnows. Once they are accepting of prepared foods and
associate you with feeding time, then you can try adding in the faster fishes, if
so desired.

Ty