RE: NANFA-- Re: nanfa V1 #1449

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:31:18 -0500

<x-flowed>
Neural tissues have been found to regenerate, but rarely and in unusual
circumstances. People who have been injured and regain use of a hand or
whatever usually do so because surviving neurons have grown and rewired
themselves, rather than through the production of new cells. It seems to be
possible in theory to stimulate neuronal growth both in vitro and in vivo,
but that's a $64 question for the moment.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "Crail, Todd" <tcrail_at_northshores.com>
>To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
>Subject: RE: NANFA-- Re: nanfa V1 #1449
>Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:07:30 -0500
>
>Because politicians and a "moral majority" haven't allowed stem cell
>research?
>;)
>
>I liked Developmental, I not only took it once... I took it twice [sigh]
>The
>professor decided that on his bell curve 77 was a D+ instead of a C- to
>teach
>a brash, arrogant, class skipping, soon to be *not* graduating student a
>lesson.
>
>But then again, where else could one gain pickup phrases like "I love the
>way
>your dorsalbalstophoral lip invaginates, baby" or "that's some notochord
>remnant you have there sweet node". <evil_grin>

</x-flowed>