Re: NANFA-- Fwd: Environment down the tubes

Jay DeLong (thirdwind_at_att.net)
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 22:23:53 -0800

<x-flowed>
At 09:23 PM 11/17/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I hate to be a party pooper, but wasn't it just a few weeks ago we were
>chastized for haveing threads on political views and such that were
>unrelated to fish?
>
>Or does that only apply to some political view points?

What specifically? It's hard to know where to draw the line, or when
someone will interpret something as "political" when it wasn't the intent
of the person making the statement. Other than the Trail of Tears thread,
the other topics did seem to relate to fish, didn't they? Issues like
poison free water and air, and protecting plants and animals and their
habitats from sensless and iresponsible destruction and extinctions, are
issues that transcend political boundaries. To many people including me
these aren't political issues, but logical ones. Politics may be how these
viewpoints manifest themselves in everyday life, but their origins are not
political-- even though it's often a popular tactic to portray them that way.

--
Jay DeLong
Olympia, WA